White Crayon

 


"Just listen to me this once will you?"

"What do you want?"

"I want you-"

"Then FUCKING HAVE ME."

"How can I when you aren't even allowing me to?" 

"I don't know. That's not my problem. It's you who is incapable to leave a strong impression on me."

"But...but-..."

"ENOUGH. GO DO YOUR WORK. DON'T DISTURBE ME."

 Alok watched with a pouty face as his unrequited love Tora stormed off to her class.

"Why won't you accept my love?" He said in a low voice.

"Because youre annoying as hell." Saon popped up from behind. 

"Ahh...what the hell?" Alok got startled. "What did I do?" He said with a pouty voice.

"Mister you are expressing your feelings too hard that, by this time the whole school already knows about it. Also everybody knows that Tora's never gonna accept you. She is a girl who loves studying so much. Do you think she has the time to date you, to reciprocate your feelings? Bro, dream on. I'm telling you...no, I can bet, she's never ever going to accept your love. Forget about her and focus on your studies will ya? Have you seen your grades? Do you think she will like you when you're like this?" 

Alok just stayed silent as Saon spilled the facts. 

"But I'm still gonna try? You know, I'm immune to your insults."

"Oh yeah... i can see that, you idiot."

"Of course."

"But you know what, Alok, using a white crayon on white paper is like loving someone who doesn't feel the same way. It marks but it's invisible."

"Saon, those marks are enough for me."

"You—you're seriously a hopeless romantic."

He scoffed. 

Alok has been trying to pursue Tora since he transferred to this school in his senior year. It's been one years since then. They are in their last grade still he hasn't give up. He is a carefree boy, who loves to express himself wholly, but sometimes he can be quite intimidating and scary too. He is like a open book for everyone, kind and loveable. Sometimes he shows his dorky side, sometimes flirty, but only to Tora. 

Whereas Tora has quite the opposite personality of Alok. Though she is open to everyone, but actually she's more of a reserved and mysterious person. She likes to keep her private life secret. You only allow to know about herself what she allows you to. Even her best friend Saon isn't much aware of her personal life. Though she is much open about herself when she is with Saon. Most importantly she's a book worm and the Topper of the whole school.

Speaking of Saon, she is neutral. She supports her best friend whole heartedly but she also wants someone to break her cold heart. That's why she supports Alok in pursuing Tora. 


The first day Alok met Tora, it was a love at first sight for him. He fell for her smile for the first time, but later he fell harder for her. Not just her smile he fell for her because it's her.

One time Tora asked him, "If it's a love at first sight, then you must be joking. Love at first sight is a joke. Can you even tell if it's love or infatuation the first moment you saw me?"

His reply was, "I couldn't tell if I loved you the first moment I saw you or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment when you were smiling and walking towards me to give me the reference books which teacher asked you to give me. Then you called my name with that honey like voice of yours and I realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you."

Tora was too stunned to speak a single word. After processing his words in her brain she said, "That only happens in fantasy. Idiot."

Alok only smiled. Even the word 'idiot' seemed like a romantic word to him. 

By then Alok's whole world was revolving around Tora. She was like a love poem to him, written at 4am in the darkness of the hour, when sleep was too far.

Comments

Popular Posts